Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can I install a closet rod bracket with only nails? (picture incl.)?

Ok I have a sagging closet rod that already fell off twice, so I bought one of these:


http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Designs-82鈥?/a>





The thing is I don't have a drill. I've asked around and nobody has one. The only tools I have are screwdrivers, a hammer and heavy duty nails.





Do you think nails are good enough to keep the bracket in its place?





Please help :(


Thanks.Can I install a closet rod bracket with only nails? (picture incl.)?
use a screw driverCan I install a closet rod bracket with only nails? (picture incl.)?
You could rent a drill, or buy a cheap one. IMHO, nails would be a very poor choice for this application.





I guess you have to ask yourself how much it's worth to you not to have this bracket work properly.
If you can't get nails into stud, use nail to make a starter hole for screws.
If you can get a large nail into a stud you should be fine!!


Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment